On Thursday 19th January, our incredible team of lifeguards all underwent some crucial training. Lifeguards from all centres were invited to attend.
This training is part of ensuring that our teams are trained and that their skills are up to date with industry standards. A team of five industry professionals ran the training session, which included plenty of discussions and hands-on scenarios.
In addition to this, lifeguards were able to practise a range of rescues and rescue techniques. This involved some water based scenarios, along with some ‘dry’ rescues.
The dry rescues included:
- Dealing with both conscious and unconscious casualties.
- Using a defibrillator
- Practicing proper use of the oxygen bottle
- Basic teamwork skills during stressful situations
- Recap of recovery position and oxygen therapy
- Implementation of our supervision policies
- Communicating clearly with members during times of high stress.
Once in the pool, lifeguards were able to practice:
- Torpedo buoy rescues
- Timed swims
- Spinal rescues
Check out some of the team’s awesome work below!
We cannot wait to host another lifeguard training session with even more lifeguards attending!